提示:本文共有 1222 个字,阅读大概需要 3 分钟。
Historical Tales
历史故事
Going to the South by Driving the Carriage Northward
南辕北辙
The allusion is from The Anecdotes of Wei State from The Anecdotes of the Warring States.
这个典故出自《战国策 魏策四》。
Today, when I was on my way here to present myself before Your Majesty, I saw on the road a man preparing a grand progress.
今天,将我前来觐见陛下时,在路上看到一个人也在前行。
Facing the north, he said : I am leaving for Chu State.
面朝着北方,他说:我想到楚国去。
I was surprised and asked : But why are you heading northward while Chu State is in the south?
我非常惊讶,问他: 您到南边的楚国去,为什么往北走呢?
All my horses are very fine. The man answered.
他回答说: 我的马很精良。
Then I said : Though the horses are good, they dont go in the right direction.
我说: 你的马虽然很精良,可离楚国越来越远。
I have many horses. The man remarked.
他强调说: 我有很多马。
Though you have many horses, the road does not lead to Chu. I pointed out.
我说: 你的马虽然多,可离楚国越来越远。
The man still insisted : My driver is very skillful.
他仍坚持说: 我的马夫善于驾车。
As a matter of fact, the greater the number of his horses, the farther the man would be apart from Chu State.
事实上,他的马越多,他离楚国就越来越远了。
Later, people used the allusion to mean that, if one acts against his aims,the more distance he covers,the more distance he has from his destination.
后来,人们用这个典故比喻行动和目的正好想法。他走的越远,就会离目的地越远。
看到此处说明本文对你还是有帮助的,关于“用英语说中国历史故事:Going to the South by Driving the Carriage Northward 南辕北辙英汉”留言是大家的经验之谈相信也会对你有益,推荐继续阅读下面的相关内容,与本文相关度极高!